Strategic buyer to Quintus Technologies in Västerås
ValueOne is recruiting a strategic buyer with proven experience from strategic or complex tactical buying to Quintus Technologies in Västerås. The right person will be offered an exciting opportunity to engage in an innovative company culture that is growing your career as well as the industry.
Quintus Technologies specializes in the design, manufacture, installation and support of high-pressure systems for sheet metal forming and densification of advanced materials and critical industrial components. Headquartered in Västerås, Sweden, and represented in 45 countries worldwide, the company is the world leader in high pressure technology and has delivered more than 1.900 systems to customers across the globe within industries such as aerospace, automotive, energy and medical implants. The company is fast growing with a strong expansion globally. Today Quintus have around 175 employees globally of which 40 are located in the USA.
The role as strategic buyer means that you will be responsible for one or more commodity, including responsibility for commodity strategies and supplier development. The commodities could be for example gas system, gas compressor and new areas not yet covered. You are expected to drive the development within your appointed commodities and also hold the responsibility for the quality of delivered material as well as for material costing, quality claims and delivery penalties. You are expected to actively participate in the company transition from a project company to a product company and it´s effects in the Supply Chain. You report to the manager of Strategic procurement at Quintus and will work closely with Product Management.
- Set-up and continuously work with supplier strategies for strategic suppliers. Develop long term strategic co-operation with strategic suppliers.
- Actively communicate strategies with appointed stakeholders within the organization.
- Develop performance and business with key suppliers.
- Continuously work with supplier development & search for the best (incl. new) suppliers.
- Actively search for new information and knowledge within the commodity.
- Actively drive the development of your commodities with internal stakeholders.
- Set-up long term supply agreement, frame agreement, volume negotiations and call of agreements.
- Negotiate and sign contracts for appointed commodities for all projects.
- Inform the material cost to Product Management and the costing database.
- Support the transactional buyers within the commodity.
- Implement the requirements in the project Inspection and Test Plan (ITP).
Experience and competence
For this position we are looking for an experienced strategic buyer with 5-7 years of experience from senior procurement roles and who holds a University Degree in Economics, Industrial Engineering or Engineering. Your also need to have proven experience from senior negotiations and working with T&C´s. Fluency in English and basic knowledge in Swedish is a must. Proficiency in any other European language is advantageous.
You should also be competent in cost analytics and supply quality as well as supplier relationships and change management and you are an experienced negotiator. Experience from selected commodities is a merit.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please apply through our webpage at: https://valueone.se/aktuella-jobb/ as soon as possible. Feel free to contact Olof Widmark at +46 70-7868 099 with any questions regarding the listed position.
ValueOne are specialists in supply chain management, purchasing and logistics. We offer our customers services in three business areas: interim logistics and procurement consultants, recruitment of buyers and logisticians, as well as development of our customers’ supply chain operations in terms of strategies, models, methods, processes, structure, and competence.