Contract specialist for assignment in Stockholm
ValueOne is looking for a contract specialist with a passion for construction and numbers for an assignment at our customers site in Stockholm. The assignment is to begin as soon as possible and lasts for 6 months with a large possibility of extension.
This is a role where you will be working in a cost role on large construction projects. Your responsibility includes estimation and negotiation of change orders throughout the construction lifecycle. You will also be reviewing prices regarding contractors and subcontractors and lead negotiations.
Other main tasks are:
- Provide estimate and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Review and participate with the design services team and contractor, in the development of the cost estimates.
- Reconcile changes and assist the contractors to ensure that their data is accurate.
- Communicate or meet with contractors and project managers to gather status information to prepare a cost estimate update.
- Prepare written comments to the contractor’s submissions, including the executive summary.
- Coordinate all sources of cost information for cost discussions with suppliers directly and with contractors and their sub-contractors.
- Inform and drive engineering priorities based on cost impact.
- Manage cost checks/auditing and valuation work is managed effectively and that a robust process for cost validation is in place. Complete timely, accurate cost checking and valuation processes.
- Manage Cost impact / contingency management and commitment tracking logs.
- Prepare funding data presentations and coordinate VE sessions with stakeholders.
- Contract administration (retention, T&C’s, insurance, contingency, incentives)
- Maintain cost benchmarking database.
- Attend risk meetings and maintain risk log.
Experience and competence
The suitable candidate for this assignment must have a BSC/Msc in Quantity Surveying, Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent in combination with a solid technical experience in all cost management areas: planning, estimating, pre-contract, post contract and final account. A minimum of three years working experience is required. We value good communication and analytical skills and a passion for construction and numbers. You must be proficient in MS Suit.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please apply through our webpage at: https://valueone.se/aktuella-jobb/ as soon as possible. Feel free to contact Olof Widmark at +46 70-7868 099 with any questions regarding the listed position.
ValueOne are specialists in supply chain management, purchasing and logistics. We offer our customers services in three business areas: interim logistics and procurement consultants, recruitment of buyers and logisticians, as well as development of our customers’ supply chain operations in terms of strategies, models, methods, processes, structure, and competence.