Supplier Quality Engineer
ValueOne is recruiting a Supplier Quality Engineer to Permobil, a global leader in advanced rehabilitation technology. The position is located at the company´s premises in Timrå.
Permobil is a global leader in advanced rehabilitation technology, passionate about better understanding our users’ needs and improving their quality of life through state-of-the-art healthcare solutions. Today, those solutions include power wheelchairs, seating and positioning products, power assist, and manual wheelchairs. Permobil is part of Patricia Industries, a subsidiary of Investor AB and is headquartered in Sweden. Permobil has 1600 team members in more than 15 countries around the world. For more information regarding the company’s storied history and complete product line visit permobil.com.
The primary objective for the role as Supplier Quality Engineer is to support activities for improvement of component quality and manage supplier product nonconformances. In this role you are expected to take leadership in driving effective corrective action response with suppliers and represent Permobil in decisions related to quality, in collaboration with SQM and Category Manager. You participate and decide on pass/fail decisions (together with Category Managers) upon supplier visits and audits, especially when assessing new potential suppliers and when having complex problems at the suppliers´ sites. In addition you drive continuous improvements of quality requirements and methods on a daily basis.
- Provide training, monitor and improve local site claim handling process.
- Assist with development of inspection, work instructions and control plans.
- Perform supplier qualification audits and lead follow up of any required next steps.
- Work integrated with product development (US and Sweden) in new projects.
- Support business with supplier quality analysis and suggestions for improvement also for quality issues related to product design.
- Participate in production process design, production process validation and part approval (PPAP).
- Participate in CAPA projects.
- Participate in developing and communicating supplier quality manual.
- Participate in continuous improvement of supplier quality frameworks.
- Handle escalation of issues related to supplier claims.
- Create appropriate component inspection plans to prevent use of nonconforming product in production.
- The role involves frequent travelling and quite a lot of time will be spent at Permobil´s production facilities in Timrå. You report to Director Supplier Quality Management.
Experience and competence
The ideal candidate for the position has a university degree (or similar) in engineering and/or Quality/Supply Chain Management. We like you to have at least five years of equivalent work experience from similar positions within Product Development, Supply Chain, Quality Engineering or Project Management. Preferably you hold a professional certification through accrediting organizations, related to Quality Management Systems such as: ISO 13485, regulatory requirement CFR 820 issued by Food and Drug Administration in USA and regulatory requirement EU Regulation 2017/745.
Furthermore, you need experience from Quality Management in standards, design, production methods and production engineering perspectives. You are also a skilled leader in corrective actions and able to provide coaching to others.
Solid knowledge in Quality Management System is a must and you are competent in design, production engineering and production methods, quality tools (FMEA, PPAP, etc) and knows how to proceed with corrective action processes. The role also requires knowledge in compliance regulations for medical device industry as well as in basic project management. You are fluent in English and Swedish, spoken and written, and well aquianted with MS Office and mostly common ERP systems.
You are decisive by nature and able to take initiative and push things forward. You are persuasive and influential with a high level of attention to details and quality on both products and processes. In addition, you possess excellent relationship management and communication skills and have a good financial understanding. Furthermore, you base your decisions on facts and analytical thinking and see solutions where others see problems.
As Supplier Quality Engineer at Permobil you will work in a growing international company which will provide excellent development opportunities. You will be given the opportunity to grow professionally and will be part of developing your position as well as the organization.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please apply through our webpage at: https://valueone.se/aktuella-jobb/ as soon as possible. Feel free to contact Olof Widmark at +46 70-7868 099 with any questions regarding the listed position.
ValueOne are specialists in supply chain management, purchasing and logistics. We offer our customers services in three business areas: interim logistics and procurement consultants, recruitment of buyers and logisticians, as well as development of our customers’ supply chain operations in terms of strategies, models, methods, processes, structure, and competence.