Electronic Component Sourcing Engineer for assignment in Stockholm
ValueOne is looking for an experienced Electronic Component Sourcing Engineer for an assignment at our customer´s premises in Kista north of Stockholm.
In the role as Electronic Component Sourcing Engineer you are responsible for identifying long LT critical components and develop processes internally and in coordination with EMS to secure supply. You will also act as technical/component sourcing interface between suppliers, internal R&D and technical teams. This also means that you will review and provide advice on component selection and manage End Of Life (EOL), availability, lead time and obsolescence.
- Investigate for alternate components to reduce costs and/or maintain operational efficiencies and supply.
- Work closely with R&D in sourcing providing guidance in selection of electronic components for new projects as well as during the full product life cycle.
- Manage and resolve parts obsolescence in collaboration with internal and external parties.
- Investigate alternate component technologies or supplies, reducing costs and improving quality and reliability.
- Evaluate supplier change notification and related business impact.
- Interface with EMS suppliers continuously monitor, secure and develop component life cycle road maps including proactive supplier market knowledge and updates to secure short and long term supply.
- Keep updated on the component market, cost development and EOL.
Experience and competence
The assignment requires a Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering or related engineering disciplines as well as 3-5 years of experience in electronic component engineering, including guiding component selection and developing obsolescence mitigation plans. You need to be familiar with a broad spectrum of electronic components and be updated on the market. It is important that you have experience of interfacing with key manufacturers and suppliers. You also need to be skilled in reading drawings and component datasheets.
Furthermore you are a team player with good communication skills, both written and spoken. Knowledge in English is mandatory. Swedish is optional.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please apply through our webpage at: https://valueone.se/aktuella-jobb/ as soon as possible. Feel free to contact Olof Widmark at +46 70-7868 099 with any questions regarding the listed position.
ValueOne are specialists in supply chain management, purchasing and logistics. We offer our customers services in three business areas: interim logistics and procurement consultants, recruitment of buyers and logisticians, as well as development of our customers’ supply chain operations in terms of strategies, models, methods, processes, structure, and competence.