Strategic Sourcing Manager to Stoneridge in Solna
ValueOne is recruiting a Strategic Sourcing Manager with experience from working with plastics molded components for our customer Stoneridge in Solna outside Stockholm. For the right person we can offer an exciting opportunity to grow both professionally and personally.
Stoneridge, Inc. is an independent designer and manufacturer of highly engineered electrical and electronic components, modules and systems for the automotive, medium, and heavy-duty truck, agricultural and off-highway vehicle markets.
The Company conducts its business in three segments: Electronics, Control Devices and PST.
The core products of the Electronics segment include vehicle electrical power and distribution systems, and electronic instrumentation and information display products.
The core products of the Control Devices segment include electronic and electrical switch products, control actuation devices and sensors.
The PST segment is engaged in the design, manufacture and sale of in-vehicle audio and video devices, electronic vehicle security alarms, convenience accessories, vehicle tracking devices and monitoring services primarily for the automotive and motorcycle industry.
The Company operated in 25 locations in 12 countries. We are proud to supply products and systems to the majority of the most well-known Vehicle producers like Volvo, Scania, Daimler, MAN, Ford. Stoneridge Inc. has about 4500 employees worldwide and has a turnover of approximately 800 million USD.
The role as Strategic Sourcing Manager involves sourcing responsibility for a specific commodity group, in this case plastics, such as Molded Plastic Components, Dials, Lenses, Overlays, Pipes/Hoses etc. Your responsibility ranges from the point of customer award through end of production and may be regional or/and global.
You will define the current and future need of the commodity, evaluate the market of supply along with process and technology trends. Sourcing is conducted in accordance with Stoneridge´s commodity strategy. You interact daily with internal stakeholders to drive standardization and strategy execution.
The office is located in Solna and has about 150 employees. The position involves about 25 % travel.
- Source material requirements to the required specification at a competitive best landed cost terms and in accordance with program targets.
- Participate in APQP / PPAP activities and drive suppliers towards on time product launch.
- Ensure no disruption of material supply that will result in a production stoppage. Expedite orders to ensure on-time deliveries as needed. Negotiate supplier compensation for non-performance.
- Drive continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Manage prices:
- Define initial pricing and ensure that they are accurately reflected in ERP systems.
- Resolve or escalate changes in price due to supplier by utilizing the Price Change process.
- Calculate lowest total cost on quantity/price trade-offs and work with Planners to execute.
- Manage Tooling contracts.
- Manage prototype purchases.
- Evaluate and participate in the vendor qualification process.
- Maintain ERP System database and integrity.
- Review contract and negotiation, when needed.
- Liaise with suppliers both on and off site with a view to improving supplier performance.
- Engage and influence stakeholders in procurement and cross-functionally.
Experience and competence
For this position a Bachelor’ s degree in engineering, business, or related field, or higher, is preferred along with at least five years of experience from project management within strategic and project sourcing or supplier development in an international environment. Experience from supply chain management or similar is required as well as knowledge in sourcing of plastics molded components. It is meritorious with experience from the Automotive segment. In addition the role demands experience from working in global project teams and flexibility to interact with stakeholders in different time-zones. Furthermore, excellent negotiation skills with the ability to negotiate on a senior level is a perquisite for the role as well as proficiency in Excel. Naturally you are fluent in English, both verbal and written.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please apply through our webpage at: https://valueone.se/aktuella-jobb/ as soon as possible. Feel free to contact Olof Widmark at +46 70-7868 099 with any questions regarding the listed position.
ValueOne are specialists in supply chain management, purchasing and logistics. We offer our customers services in three business areas: interim logistics and procurement consultants, recruitment of buyers and logisticians, as well as development of our customers’ supply chain operations in terms of strategies, models, methods, processes, structure, and competence.